Behaviour Challenges & Coaching
We offer canine behaviour coaching via virtual consultation to start and then we can guide you in the right direction based on your dog's needs. There is much that we can do virtually, so don't let the idea fool you into thinking we have to see your dog's behaviour live. We've been doing this long enough that we're able to make excellent progress coaching you, understanding what we do about canine behaviour.
We offer behaviour modification programs for:
- anxiety / fears / phobias
- over-arousal / frustration
- barking / nuisance behaviours
- body handling issues
- reactivity/aggression toward dogs or people
We start off with a related webinar to watch from the comfort of your home and a 30min virtual consult via video-conferencing software to get you onto our calendar rather than delaying the learning and behaviour changes until you see us in person. Our program is set up in a way that utilizes technology so that you can get started on the path to success within 24-48 hours of the day you register. No one wants to wait a week or two to work with a trainer when they have a dog with behaviour challenges!
Included in the $101.70 deposit
- a related webinar
- one 30min virtual consult
- handouts and resources
- "next steps" recommendations
How does this work?
- You'll register online, giving us a brief synopsis of your dog's behaviour challenges and complete your deposit online.
- Upon receipt of your deposit, you will be sent a link to a related webinar to give you a good foundation prior to working with us.
- You'll then book a 30min virtual consult with one of our trainers so that we can gather some history and provide some insight, a few quick management solutions, and some homework to practice so that you have a head start on modifying the behaviour.
- Next up, we will make a recommendation that will include one or more of the following:
- working with us via virtual consultations where we can coach you in changing your dog's behaviour without you having to travel (great option for those outside of our service area, or with dogs whose fears/anxieties prevent them from traveling), OR
- working with us in-school - a controlled setting where we will assess your dog's behaviour, give you some tools and techniques to reduce your dog's unwanted behaviours, change their emotional response, and teach them more appropriate responses, OR
- working with a trusted colleague putting your new knowledge and skills to use.
- Lastly, we will always provide handouts and resources to supplement your coaching sessions with us.
Private Behaviour Modification
- 60min private lesson $165+HST
- 60min private lesson $150+HST when purchased in packages of 3+
Ad Hoc Virtual Consults
- 30min virtual consult $60+HST
- 60min virtual consult $120+HST