Primary School Confirmation
You are confirmed to start Primary School right away. Your detailed handouts are attached below. Before coming to your first class, please ensure that you have read all the information below.
Please enter via the main entrance at 388 Carlaw Avenue between the two Canadian flags - come in and down a few steps to your left. Follow the signs to get to us. This is the only entrance in the building that we are allocated - please ensure you do not use any other entrance or exit as there are other dog businesses in the building whose dogs may be considered a danger. See here for more details on parking and finding us.
Before your class
- Ensure your dog is well; dogs that are showing signs such as coughing, sneezing, lethargy, diarrhea, vomiting, etc...should not be admitted to class. If your dog has contracted an illness, your responsibility is to notify us in advance of the class so that we can make appropriate arrangements. If you're not sure, call us before bringing your dog in! Better safe than sorry.
- Be sure that you are confirmed for the class before you attend. A "wait list" booking is not a definite attendance.
- Cancel your booking with 24 hours' notice if you are unable to attend! If you cancel, someone else on the wait list can attend and fill our class. If you hold the spot and you don't show up, we all lose (the class is still counted towards your pass).
- Prior to coming, we require you to read our School Etiquette by clicking here.
What to bring
- A mat or blanket on which your dog can settle.
- A stuffed Kong, marrow bone, Bully Stick, or other long lasting chew that entices your dog in a busy environment. We have great ideas - click here.
- A treat pouch (we sell these at the school or you can bring something similar from home)
- Approximately 250 soft, pea-sized treats (a FULL Ziploc baggie for example) - bring more than you think you will need. Please do not bring kibble! Kibble will not suffice for your dog in this environment! Need treat ideas? Click here.
- Your clicker (if you did an online Orientation please ask us for yours at your first class)
- A properly fitted harness & a 6’-8’ flat leash (no retractable leashes allowed!)
- Indoor shoes/slippers for all members of the family
There are 5 class themes and you have 4 weeks to complete all five.
NOVEL ITEMS - Umbrella, skateboard, etc...
Training: EYE CONTACT / SAY PLEASE / POLITE WALKING
VET / GROOMER - Medical / grooming tools, handling
Training: LOOK AT THAT / LURE TO SCALE / TOUCH
PEOPLE / DOGS - Greeting people & dogs
Training: GO TO MAT / SIT-STAY
TEXTURES / SOUNDS - Textures to walk on / sounds
Training: EYE CONTACT / DOWN-STAY
MOBILITY DEVICES - Wheelchair, walker, cane, crutches
Training: TOUCH-RECALL, NAME RECOGNITION
Once our class has finished, we kindly ask that you keep your pup on leash and pack up for home - please ask questions during class-time or connect with us for a discounted private lesson during your series. We may have another class starting immediately and it's important that we respect the next group of students.
Booking class times
You have access to our online class reservation system where you can book the classes you would like to attend. You get 5 classes and 4 weeks to use them starting from your first class. If a class is full, simply add your attendance anyways and if someone cancels, you'll be bumped into that spot! Keep an eye on your email as you get closer to that date!
We strongly recommend that our students book times in advance to avoid missing out and wait listing. If 24 hours prior to our class, we have low registration, we will cancel the class and ask registered students to rebook. We do this to ensure that puppies receive the socialization opportunities they need.
Want faster access to booking classes? Download the app and make us a favourite!
You can change/delete your booking at least 24 hours prior to class time. You can add a new attendance up to a couple hours prior to class time. Missed classes that are not cancelled through the system are not credited unless in certain circumstances (illness, injury, vet recommendation).
If at any point your puppy is unable to continue in classes, please let us know immediately upon diagnosis so that we can put your package on hold. Without immediate notification, your package will expire.
Kids in Class
We welcome kids 6 yrs+ in our classes and require all parents familiarize themselves with our guidelines so that we can keep our classes kid-friendly and safe for everyone. Click here to view and ask us if you have any questions!
Class Handouts & Puppy Handbook
More videos to come!
Looking for a specific topic? Let us know and we'll get working on it...
In the meantime, check your Puppy Handbook (above) - it has TONS of great information!
These resources are included in your course fee and we ask that you support us as a small business and abide by the "no sharing" condition. This is our intellectual property, available only to our students, and we put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into its creation. Although we wish we could give it away as we strongly believe everyone needs access to this information, we need to pay our bills and fabulous team. So we are asking you to not share. Thank you!
During your series, please feel free to connect with us as needed with questions or concerns. If your question or concern is a little more in-depth than we can handle in an email due to ethics or time constraints, please book a phone consultation or private lesson.
We offer our Primary School students discounted private lessons during your class pass (sessions must be used prior to pass expiration date to avoid adjustment in fee!)