As an ever-growing team, we are always looking for the right fit.
Certified Animal Trainers
Our expectations far exceed the industry standards. We require the following from our trainers:
- Successful completion of one of the following academies (Jean Donaldson Academy for Dog Trainers, Karen Pryor Academy, Pat Miller's Peaceable Paws) and/or certification through the CCPDT.
- Completion of a minimum of one day Chicken Camp within the first year of working with us.
- An annual commitment to a minimum of 10 hours of continuing education in animal behaviour, psychology, learning theory, ethology, husbandry, anatomy/physiology, applied behaviour analysis.
- Completion of Pet First Aid & CPR every two years.
- A commitment to positive reinforcement and negative punishment based training using the humane hierarchy.
No openings at this time
Please email your resume and qualifications to us via our CONTACT page and we will be in touch when we are hiring.
Preference is given to students and graduates of the Jean Donaldson Academy for Dog Trainers.
Volunteer Training Assistants
We welcome Volunteer Training Assistants for our classes and private lessons. This is an excellent role if you are:
- currently enrolled in one of the following academies (Jean Donaldson Academy for Dog Trainers, Karen Pryor Academy, Pat Miller's Peaceable Paws).
- currently a professional Dog Walker in Toronto or a Veterinary Technician looking to learn more about canine behaviour and training.
- a graduate of our Cranky Canine program or our Pet Professional Program (Whatta Pup!, dog*tec, or CCCP).
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NOW!