By hitting "Submit" during registration and submitting payment, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Your payment holds your spot in our workshop and prevents others from registering. Prior to payment, ensure that the classes work with your schedule and that you are able to attend with your healthy dog.
Dog suitability for classes
- dogs must be healthy and free from parasites or contagious diseases
- dogs exhibiting diarrhea, vomiting, coughing, sneezing, lethargy, or injury must not attend class
- dogs must be up to date on vaccines or titer tests, however please do not bring your dog to class within 48 hours of a vaccination
- dogs must not exhibit fearful, reactive or aggressive behaviour toward other dogs or people.
Human suitability for classes & workshops
- at least one person of 18+ years must be in attendance and in control
- handlers 16-17 years of age may attend class without their parents, with written permission and advance notice
- children 6+ years may attend class with an adult 18+ years
- humans must follow class rules and be respectful of other dogs and humans in the classroom
- if you have any limitations, please notify us in advance so that we may prepare and be able to accommodate your needs
Missed classes & workshops
- if you/your dog are unable to attend a scheduled workshop, we encourage you to attend in order to learn the lessons and practice at home, read ahead in the training package so that you can still practice at home, and/or book a 30 minute private make-up lesson for $50+HST to learn the behaviours covered in class
- Inclement weather or other emergencies may cause school closures. In these events, you will be notified and your pass will be extended or you will be credited or refunded at our discretion. Always ensure that we have your most current contact information on file.
- We are a small business; therefore we are unable to offer refunds. We are truly committed to our clients and trust that you understand this policy. We are very transparent about our methods and expectations prior to registration and payment.
- In extenuating circumstances, we may choose to refund a payment, but due to the merchant processing fees that we pay, we must retain 5% of the transaction.
Credits and transfers
- Credits and transfers are not permitted for Workshops.
At times we may find that a dog is not suited to this environment and make the decision to transfer 50% of the Workshop credit to private lessons. In cases like this, we do not offer refunds however we will provide acceptable options such as private behaviour modification services or a more specialized class if available. We always have the best interest of the dog at heart.
Photo & Video Release
- Client understands that sessions may be photographed and/or video recorded and used for teaching, review, and marketing purposes. Clients may revoke this access at any time by sending an email to our office.
Agreement to Hold Harmless & Assumption of Risk
- The client understands that attendance at a dog training session may pose some risk to themselves, members of their family, their guests, and their dog(s) and expressly assume the risk of any damage or injury (to property, themselves, their dog(s), and/or any minors attending a dog training session with them) incurred as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of The Toronto Centre for Canine Education. If clients choose to bring children (6+) to the session, they will be responsible for their care and appropriate supervision.
- To minimize all risks, the client agrees to disclose to the trainer any danger or sensitivities their dog(s) may present. The registrant will immediately inform the trainer of any situations that may provoke fear or aggression in their dog(s) and be responsible for avoiding those situations. In consideration of their participation in a dog training session or sessions conducted by or on behalf of The Toronto Centre for Canine Education, the client, on behalf of themselves and any minors attending the dog training session(s) with them, waive, release, and agree to hold harmless The Toronto Centre for Canine Education and any and all associated employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, and successors from any and all causes of actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, and damages of any kind which may be sustained by them or their dog(s) in connection with the dog training session. Client is responsible for damages caused by their dog(s) and/or family members.
These policies are subject to change without notice. Updated December 2015.