Private Training & Behaviour Modification
By registering and submitting payment, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Your payment holds your spot in our calendar and prevents others from registering. A booking deposit is required to hold all appointments; payment in advance may be required at the time of booking. Packages expire 6 months from the purchase date; please book these appointments in advance to ensure they are not forfeit.
Suitability for private training & behaviour modification
- In-school: Dogs must be on leash on our property. If your dog has reactive, aggressive, fearful tendencies towards people, please notify us in advance so that we may prepare accordingly and give more detailed instructions to follow prior to our appointment time.
In-home: Safety is our main concern. If your dog has reactive, aggressive, fearful tendencies towards people, please secure your dog in another room, crated, behind a baby gate, or leashed. Do not allow your dog to greet our instructors at the door - we do not need to see the aggressive behaviour in order to help you. Any bite incidents that occur due to lack of management or neglect remain the responsibility of the owner.
Late / missed appointments
- if you/your dog are unable to attend we require 48 hours’ notice in order to change or reschedule your appointment. Less than 48 hours’ notice and no-shows will result in a forfeit session or a late cancellation fee.
- Late appointments will result in a shortened appointment or a rescheduled appointment with applicable charges.
if you are unable to attend a virtual session, we require 48 hours’ notice in order to reschedule the session. Less than 48 hours’ notice may result in a forfeit session.
- Inclement weather or other emergencies may cause school closures. In these events, you will be notified and you will be credited or refunded at our discretion. Always ensure that we have your most current contact information on file.
- We are a small business; therefore we are unable to offer refunds. We are truly committed to our clients and trust that you understand this policy. We are very transparent about our methods and expectations prior to registration and payment.
- In extenuating circumstances, we may choose to refund a payment within 30 days, but due to the merchant processing fees that we pay, we must retain 5% of the transaction.
- Gift certificates are final sale and must be presented in their original form in order to be applied. Transfers must occur in writing and include the contact information for the person to whom the credit will be transferred. There are no refunds on gift certificates.
- NSF fees should they occur are $40.00 per transaction declined.
Credits and transfers
- Credits and transfers are not permitted for private training and behaviour modification.
- Credits and transfers are not permitted for virtual training.
If at any time we feel that we are not the right fit for you or your dog, or that the particular case is beyond our scope, we will refer to a qualified professional such as a Veterinarian, a Certified Applied Animal Behaviourist, or Veterinary Behaviourist. We always have the best interest of the dog at heart.
Photo & Video Release
- Client understands that sessions may be photographed and/or video recorded and used for teaching, review, and marketing purposes. Clients may revoke this access at any time by sending an email to our office.
Agreement to Hold Harmless & Assumption of Risk
- The client understands that attendance at a dog training session may pose some risk to themselves, members of their family, their guests, and their dog(s) and expressly assume the risk of any damage or injury (to property, themselves, their dog(s), and/or any minors attending a dog training session with them) incurred as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of The Toronto Centre for Canine Education. If clients choose to bring children (6+) to the session, they will be responsible for their care and appropriate supervision.
- To minimize all risks, the client agrees to disclose to the trainer any danger or sensitivities their dog(s) may present. The registrant will immediately inform the trainer of any situations that may provoke fear or aggression in their dog(s) and be responsible for avoiding those situations. In consideration of their participation in a dog training session or sessions conducted by or on behalf of The Toronto Centre for Canine Education, the client, on behalf of themselves and any minors attending the dog training session(s) with them, waive, release, and agree to hold harmless The Toronto Centre for Canine Education and any and all associated employees, volunteers, agents, insurers, and successors from any and all causes of actions, claims, demands, losses, injuries, and damages of any kind which may be sustained by them or their dog(s) in connection with the dog training session. Client is responsible for damages caused by their dog(s) and/or family members.
These policies are subject to change without notice. Updated October 2016.